- The first link of the chain represents caring. Leaders are people who care. They are concerned about themselves and others, and are committed to making things better.
- The second link signifies dedication. Part of a leader’s commitment is the dedication to cause which they display. Dedication is an important part of the involvement required to be truly effective.
- The third link represents participation. True leaders participate fully in their academic pursuits, their friendships, their activities, and their lives. Leaders don’t sit on the sidelines, but are competent team players.
- Together the unbroken chain symbolizes the membership of NRHH. As leaders we are interconnected as caring and dedicated participants in the community of your university.
- Blue symbolizes loyalty to purpose and idea
- White signifies a blank page on which a student writes the successes and experiences that fill their days in the residence halls